problem, gnopernicus does not talk every time gnome starts.

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 03:13:12 UTC 2006

hello all,
I just installed gnopernicus on ubuntu 6.06.1 code named dapper drake.
actually it comes installed with gnopernicus and festival.  I
activated the accessibility option in the system preferences of gnome
and also checked the checkbox for screen reader.
the then I logout and log bac in and the gonpernicus started talking.
but after that when I powered off the computer and then after some
time powered it back again, gnopernicus did start but there was no
speach.
I did a logout and login and it strted to speak.
but after that it has never talked again.  why is there in
cconsistency with gnopernicus?
is it a bug that can be patched?
my version is the one that comes with ubuntu 6.06 by default.
and my sound card is a creative vibra 128 card which is shown as cyrus logic.
further more when gnopernicus did talk, I tried to change the rate and
pitch but it too had no effect.
what could be the reason for these problems?
thanking all,
Krishnakant.