ubuntu linux

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Mon Aug 20 22:16:23 UTC 2007

Josh wrote:

> If I get Linux I would like to use ubuntu. My questions are:

I just downloaded Ubuntu today so this is all very fresh in my head.

> 1. will ubuntu linux work with my wireless router and logitech USB
> headphones?

Not sure what you mean by "Wireless Router".  If you are saying that you
have a wireless router and that your computer has a card or an USB adaptor
which you use to connnect to it, then you'll have to check on LInux
compatibility for it. I don't know, I've not used Wireless at all, let
alone under LInux.

As for your USB headset, if it is a standard USB audio device then it
should work fine. Maybe try googling for logitech usb alsa

> 2. can I try it bu running it off the cd and not installing it?

Yes.  You can then continue on to installation if you want to.

> 3. if so, how do I start the screen reader and what screen readers and voices
> does it come with?

It comes with Orka and Espeak.  For more info read
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/UbuntuFeisty

You can of course get the CD from ubuntu.com.

Geoff.