Can audio bookmarks be hyperlinks?

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:16:31 UTC 2010

Hi, all,

For an HTML editing program I'm working on, I'd like the app to be
able to create inline HTML hyperlinks that function as audio
bookmarks. When activated, these hyperlinks would begin playing an
.ogg, .wav. or .mp3 file at an elapsed time point in the file
specified by the link's URL.

Links that begin playing from the beginning of a file don't seem to be
a problem but I've had no luck thus far finding a URI specification
supported by web browsers for links that would begin playing the file
at any location other than the beginning.

Does anyone know of such a URI specification?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council