Why Arch Linux?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Apr 24 20:48:22 UTC 2011

I'm running the first commercial distro here Slackware.  Slackware got
out of pre-compiled packages except for what comes on the distro disks
and for third party stuff after that scripts get downloaded and run.  If
the scripts work, you're golden otherwise things could be left messy on
your system.  The scripts are supposed to download stock linux packages
then apply just enough changes to make them work on slackware.
Linuxpackages.net is as far as I can tell neither maintained any longer
nor supported by the community.