Concerning Debian and ArchLinux

Alex ARNAUD alexarnaud at member.fsf.org
Tue Aug 2 08:29:35 UTC 2016

Le 01/08/2016 à 19:18, John J. Boyer a écrit :
> That is the latest stable version of Debian? I am curently using Jessie.
>
> I like the idea of ArchLinux, because it never requires re-installation.
Dear John,
Debian doesn't require re-installation. A Debian release is supported
for approximately 3 years.

> Why don't the other distros take a similar approach?
Between two versions of Debian we can guarantee no accessibility
regressions and an important stability in your computer usage. An
upgrade on a distribution can cause several issues and if you don't need
updated softwares for specific reasons I don't know the utility to upgrade.

Best regards.

--
Alex ARNAUD