Cygwin question.

Dan Rossi dr25 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 27 15:01:43 UTC 2016

I've been using cygwin for many years and like it quite a bit.  A couple
of days ago, I installed the latest windows 10 updates, and suddenly, my
cygwin behavior changed slightly.

Now, when I am in the cygwin shell, my typing acts like typing echo is set
to characters.  Sorry, I am using JAWS 16.  So, even though typing echo is
set to words, JAWS echos each keystroke, or every few keystrokes, which is
kind of annoying.

I just ran a cygwin update, but the behavior hasn't changed.  Any guess
what might be causing the issue?  I can set screen echo to none, which
sort of solves the problem, but causes others, as command output is not
then spoken.

Is it a terminal emulation issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.