[Cluster-devel] spectator setting in cluster.conf

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 13:45:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:25:07AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> <clusternode name="node1" nodeid="1" votes="1">
>  <spectator/>
> </clusternode>
>
> seems to be the sanest one and the query would look like:

agree

> I have a test patch for it if the assumption is that:
>
> - spectator is more important than votes (spectator will override votes
> settings)
> - spectator setting cannot be changed by anything other than the cluster.conf
> (read below)

great

> > In each case, the existence of the lower-level setting would override the
> > effect of the abstract spectator setting.
>
> What kind of lower-level settings are you thinking about? env vars?

A "ro" or "rw" (or "nospectator"?) option in /etc/fstab would override the
addition of "spectator" to the mount options implied by <spectator/>.

We'd add a variable to /etc/sysconfig/cman that would tell the init script
to run fence_tool join.  If this was set, it would override the skipping
of that step implied by <spectator/>.

An explicit votes= setting for a node would override the 0 votes implied
by <spectator/>.

Dave