[Cluster-devel] gfs_controld doesn't clean up tables properly

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 26 08:40:23 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I think we have seen a similar bug a while ago and I am afraid it's back again.

Extremely simple setup, 3 nodes cluster, no services or anything fancy. One
shared block device (aoe + vblade) on 2.6.24-rc1.

node1# mkfs.gfs -j 6 -p lock_dlm -t gutsy:gfs /dev/etherd/e0.0

on all nodes:

mount -t gfs /dev/etherd/e0.0 /mnt/gfs
umount /mnt/gfs
mount -t gfs /dev/etherd/e0.0 /mnt/gfs
/sbin/mount.gfs: mount point already used or other mount in progress
/sbin/mount.gfs: error mounting lockproto lock_dlm

Oct 26 10:37:55 node3 gfs_controld[3466]: mount point /mnt/gfs already used

note that the first mount succeeded properly.

Attempting to mount to another mountpoint will stall:

root at node3:~# mount -t gfs /dev/etherd/e0.0 /mnt/gfs2
[hang]
there is no strace output.

Fabio

PS sorry i don't have enough time to look into this today in more details.