[Cluster-devel] ccs_config_dump / ccs_config_validate

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 15:42:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 10:50:46PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> >   -d                    Produce debug output
>
> I would prefer to skip debug completely and leave verbose to print
> everything it prints now.

ok

> > Debugging options:
> >   -C config_loader      Override config plugin loader
>
> Forgot to mention this one.. being able to override is not debugging.

just remove "Debugging options", all those options are actually useful.

> For example I just imported current cluster.conf into LDAP, before I
> change default settings, I can ask to validate the config there (or
> whatever possible combination).

Would it be useful to allow

ccs_config_validate -l [/path/to/file | ldap/url] ?

(To me, the sysconfig/cman nonsense is actually the part that makes all this
too complicated for normal humans to keep straight.  99% of users will not be
using sysconfig/cman, so let's be sure not to sacrifice clarity for the sake
of the 1%.)