[dm-devel] help : device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument

Hi All,

I am trying to use DM on my machine.
My machine is Redhat Linux - 8.0, kernel level 2.4.21 with properly applied patches for DM.
I also have device mapper tools installed properly on my machine.

My problem is, when I tried to create a volume using dmsetup create command with table file named
dmsetup, I got following
error message.

 $ dmsetup create dmsetup dmsetup
   device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument
   Command failed

contents of dmsetup file

 0       200781  linear  /dev/hda7       0
 200781  401562  linear  /dev/hdb8       0

I am not able to get documentation for how to setup DM , if any one knows where to get that please let
me know.

Please help me in solving this problem

Thanks and kind regards,

           - Kiran