[dm-devel] Snapshot/VFS-lock tests

Erik Tews erik at debian.franken.de
Thu Jul 31 12:30:01 UTC 2003

I think xfs uses a uuid in its filesystem so that you don't mount a
filesystem twich when you got multiple paths to this filesystem.

There is a special mount-option called nouuid which makes the kernel
ignore the uuid. Because the uuid of the original filesystem is the same
as the snapshot-uuid you will have to use this option to mount an
xfs-snapshot.

And I used xfs-evms-snapshots with evms 1.2.1 for a long time without
any problems with the vfs-lock-patch which came with evms 1.2.1.

Very old kernels had a problem with ro-xfs-filesystems but this has been
resolved now.

Perhaps you will have to add the option ro to the mount too when
mounting a ro-snapshot.