[dm-devel] 2.4 kernel patches: dm-daemon.c & spin_lock_irq

When trying to compile the RedHat-distributed 2.4.21 kernel with the device-mapper patches, I get the following compile error:
dm-daemon.c: In function `daemon':
dm-daemon.c:LN: structure has no member named `sigmask_lock'

The patched code (drivers/md/dm-daemon.c) contains the following:
  spin_unlock_irq(&current->sigmask_lock);

I think this might be somehow mismatched to some of the changes made to the RedHat kernel, but I'm not very good at tracking these down. Fixes for unrelated products all seem to involve changing the structure reference to either "current->sig->siglock" or "current->sighand->siglock". I'm tempted to try patching dm-daemon.c and recompiling to see if this solves the problem, but I don't like shooting in the dark since they may be other compatibility problems that I'm not addressing -- e.g. run-time errors that I won't discover until later.

I can't seem to find anything related to this in the archives, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has stumbled across this problem or knows anything about it and can point me in the right direction (understanding of the problem, patches, whatever).

Thanks,

Brian