[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.1.6

christophe.varoqui at free.fr christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Tue Apr 27 12:37:10 UTC 2004

Selon thornber at redhat.com:

> > Any insight on where to put the log of the mirror target when mapping over
> > MD-created raid1 ?
>
> MD effectively uses a log with a single region in it.  So we only need
> 3 sectors (2 for the header 1 for the bitset) for the log, is there
> any space in the MD metadata where this could be placed ?

Nope : the sb is 4096 bytes long, and is full of holes. The biggest one is 128
bytes long, at the tail. We could lower the maximum number of device in a raid
from 27 to 21 to free 3 sectors, but it won't be appreciated and would leave us
with the most fundamental problem : logging in the MD superblock would corrupt
the checksum ... :(