[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.2.8

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sat Aug 14 11:59:25 UTC 2004

Hello,

here goes multipath-tools version 0.2.8

This is pre-vacation release, to sync up with guys working with the
priority framework.
I'll be mostly off till Sept 1st.

Reported build breakage on IA64 is not solved in this release. I don't
have the hw to investigate this. If someone is interested, feel free to
debug this and send a patch. The breakage seem to come from the clone
syscall declaration.

Todo, for next releases :

* move to the new klibc development environment Sam Ravnborg is working
on, as soon as it stabilizes : hope to drop the klibc tree from the
multipath-tools tarball, and finally be packageable by distributors.

* resolve the OOM scenarii for multipathd. I guess the kernel will have
to help in some way. Anyway, advice badly needed here.

2004-08-14 multipath-tools-0.2.8
        * [multipathd] setsched prio to RT
        * [multipath] massive include cleanup
        * [multipath] add a "default_prio_callout" keyword
          first user will be SPC-3 ALUA priority field fetcher
          from IBM
        * [multipath] reenable stdout on some error paths
        * [build] spilt KERNEL_DIR into KERNEL_SOURCE &
          KERNEL_BUILD as per 2.6 and SuSe convention
        * [klibc] kill warnings due to awk parsing wrong locale in
          arch/i386/MCONFIG
        * [multipath] implement a generic group_by_prio pgpolicy
        * [multipath] fix the broken failover pgpolicy

Downloads and docs at http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr

regards,
cvaroqui