Re: [dm-devel] Multipath and HSG80 phase 2

Ok, now the tools does not segs, but the last check i have to do is about
the clone syscall, on my system (slackware 10.0) i have to use fork in order to have multipathd daemons
run.

Oh!!! i was becoming mad while i found that linking over -lpthread breaks the clone call!!!!
Just to stress my brain, and only if you are curious, i found that linking over -lpthread and -static gets clone works againg but only when linking a single module (cc -o xxxx xxxx.o -lpthread -static).
Adding something (cc -o xxxx xxxx.o yyyy.o -lpthread -static) breaks the syscall again, so i think i have to subscribe others mailing-list to fix this :)))
This the first time i have a such strange problem with slackware....

So, please tell me using the simple fork in multipathd lets the daemon works fine...
A comment in your code says:

/*
* this logic is all about keeping callouts working in case of
* system disk outage (think system over SAN)
* this needs the clone syscall, so don't bother if not present
* (Debian Woody)
*/

Nicola Ranaldo