[dm-devel] DM & udev

Hello,

what's the rationale behind the enum-style naming of DM in /sys/block ?
a nasty side effect is that /udev names are not the DM name like devfs did (/dev/mapper/vg01-vol01), but those dm-0, dm-1, ...

One might insert yet another rule in udev to translate, but I wondered if there was a real reason for the dm-* names.

Either way, I can get rid of the mknod code in the multipath tool, and let udev react to /sys/blocl/$any-dm-name spawning. Greg if you confirm that assertion, I'll submit this patch for the next udev release.

regards,
cvaroqui