[dm-devel] new path revalidation policy

Hello,

I've got a problem with the new path revalidation method :
The storage controlers I use for testing offer zero valid paths during a controler switch. I just can't see how such a scenario will handled correctly : how will the kernel mpath code wait for userspace to revalidate a path before sending IO errors ?

Anyway, given this part works, would you prefer to see the path revalidation userspace spawn 1 process per multipath or 1 master daemon plus threads ? I personnaly would vote for the former.

Last question : what is the userspace action needed to revalidate a path ? new libdevmapper primitive ?

regards,
cvaroqui