[dm-devel] [multipath] event-nr does not increment

Kevin Corry kevcorry at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 11 09:48:40 UTC 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 12:23 pm, Kevin Corry wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 07:09, christophe.varoqui at free.fr wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > please consider the following log, illustrating the bug that hits
> > lk2.6.7+
>
> I've been playing with the dm-mirror code this week and I know for certain
> that I've seen the event-nr increment correctly when the mirrors finish
> syncing. So the core event counting code should be working fine.
>
> Mike, did one of your recent patches possibly change the event counting in
> dm-multipath? I'll take a look once I get to work this morning.

In the "mv-path-code-to-ps" patch (originally posted to dm-devel on May 25),
the fail_path() routine is removed from dm-mpath.c. This routine called
schedule_work(&m->trigger_event) (which eventually leads to a call to
dm_table_event()). However, this schedule_work() call was not added anywhere
else in the code, so it looks like dm-multipath is no longer triggering an
event after a path-failure.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry at us.ibm.com