[dm-devel] qlogic failover

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Jun 14 20:35:18 UTC 2004

Le lun 14/06/2004 à 20:42, Guilherme Barros a écrit :
> is the qlogic failover setup in their driver aware of having to start
> controllers showing ghost paths if the master one fails?
>
> let me try that one again. say controller A is showing actual paths
> (sda, sdc), and controller B is showing ghost paths (sdb, sdd). say
> controller A dies... does the qlogic driver with failover know that it
> needs to activate controller B ?

I didn't last time I tried, 2 years ago.
Anyway this method is not the way to go.

You have only two choices here for real multipath handling :
1) You need commercial support, and you don't mind tainting your kernel,
then SecurePath is the way to go
2) You are satisfied with community support, then lk2.6 & device-mapper
multipath target & multipath-tools are the way to go. Note that you also
inherit the risks of being an early adopter.

Other solutions just don't fit the availability and care-free criteria.

regards,
cvaroqui