Re: [dm-devel] Re: multipath tool priority group question

christophe varoqui free fr wrote:

Selon Mike Christie <mikenc us ibm com>:

Is the policy selector array the wlist? Are you sure you don't want to make this a text file. For reconfigurable devices like ours, I don't know what the sane default is.

Yes, I think I should keep the current wlist[] for hardwired defaults and override them with an optional config file.

What if the secondary paths work, it's just that switching
to them is expensive? It looks like they will end up in one
group.

Something like the group_by_serial might work for this case. Does your hardware exibits some kind of out-of-plater info that could be used to group such paths ?

I will find out. Until then I will just test out the multibus support.

... we can add a new policy if the group_by_serial policy is what you need but
only with a different pivot.

Thanks for writing the tools.