[dm-devel] 2.6.4-udm1

Mike Christie mikenc at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 15 19:32:07 UTC 2004

Joe Thornber wrote:

>   As a result of Jens' global unplug work we've had to revist all the
>   uses of blk_run_queues(), and be specific about which queues we need
>   to run.  In a lot of cases I've just knocked them out completely where
>   they appear to be hangovers from 2.4 weirdness.  If you start
>   getting lumpy io with multipath, snapshots or mirroring this is
>   probably the reason - please yell.

Incase people do test multipath, I wanted to say I fixed - but broke in
the process - multipath failover. I fixed failfast in the block layer,
but that SCSI code path was also broken and the patch did not get merged
yet. You need the patch here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107904932710899&w=2 if you
are using a SCSI driver, or you will get some weird IO patterns when
doing failover.

Sorry,

Mike