[dm-devel] Re: ATARAID/FakeRAID/HPTRAID/PDCRAID as dm targets?

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

So go ahead, and I'll lend you as much help as I can. I have the full Promise RAID docs, and it seems like another guy on the lists has full Silicon Image "medley" RAID docs...

If these "soft" RAID implementations only support RAID-0/1/0+1/1+0, is there really any need for a new DM target? Wouldn't you just need a userspace tool to recognize the array and do the "dmsetup" operations to make it usable?

Ideally yes. I don't see an in-tree RAID1 dm target though....

Jeff