[dm-devel] DM event on DM_DEVICE_REMOVE

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sat Mar 27 19:04:11 UTC 2004

Hello,

do we agree we need to send an event when DM receives the
DM_DEVICE_REMOVE ioctl ?

In my particular case, I have thread waiting events on each devmap. When
one removes devmaps, the threads still wait ... for nothing, I fear.
Because when devmaps are recreated (same name, same map) the thread
don't see events any more.

Sending an event on DM_DEVICE_REMOVE will permit to liberate the
associated thread.

Comments ? Maybe I mis-interpret what I'm seeing.

--- scenario ---
shell 1 :
$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test bs=1M count=20
$ losetup /dev/loop0 /tmp/test
$ echo "0 1000 linear /dev/loop0 0"|dmsetup create test
$ dmsetup ls
test    (254, 1)
$ dmsetup wait test
<wait>