Re: [dm-devel] multipath-tools-0.3.2

christophe varoqui free fr wrote:

Last time I checked, it was the printf("\n") occurences that were not allowed by klibc. Had to replace them by fprintf(stdout, "\n") ...

I guess I reported that to you or Joe already.
I don't know if recent klibc are more tolerent.

Eh?! That shouldn't be a problem. If there are, it's because gcc changes them into something else, which means playing whack-a-mole with what it turns them into, but I think that should all be taken care of.

Anyway, distributors need to package klibc-linked libdevmapper.a and libsysfs.a
for programs like the multipath-tools to ship without the libs. Plus klibc.a
and headers ... all in sync.

Seems quite hard, so I guess I'll package the libs for some times unless someone
has better insights. /sigh/

That said, distributors will have the choice to trim the package down, as I will
include in 0.3.4 glibc-build / dynamic linking Makefiles. This was asked by
Suse.