[dm-devel] [multipath] SCSI device capacity mess

Patrick Mansfield patmans at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 28 18:14:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 01:37:28PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Can't we do a test-unit-ready before trying to read and then just not
> read the partition table w/o so much noise?

We already issue a TUR in sd_spinup_disk() prior to the READ CAPACITY and
partition reads.

We might not be able to even black list them and not excute specific code
if these devices can be configured differently - they might need special
code (yuck) to query the device and figure out the configuration.

-- Patrick Mansfield