[dm-devel] Re: [klibc] initrd / initramfs future

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Sep 15 20:39:24 UTC 2004

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> I'm happy to help out with kbuild stuff. But please be a bit more specific :-)
> I've got most of the infrastructure in place for integrating klibc in
> the kernel last I looked - but then I got sidetracked while waiting
> for hpa to do the file-reorg we sort of agreed at.
>
> Did not see that happened so I concluded integration in kernel were low
> on priority again - so I focussed on other issues.

I just got sidetracked by my employer going into full productization
cruch and a very, very nasty RAID-6 bug which still isn't resolved.

I've been meaning to pull down your stuff and integrate it from there,
but if you think it would make more sense to do the file reorg first in
the standalone klibc tarball I'll do that first -- it's easier.

> A few days work (in spare time so calendar timewise it is more) is needed
> for full integration in kernel.
> I may even backport some kbuild stuff to klibc to reuse same infrastructure
> for the programs - but dunno until I take a closer look.

	-hpa