[dm-devel] DM Performance

I'm trying to find out whether there's been any work regarding device mapper with very large mapping tables. Specifically,

1) Is there any limit on the size of a mapping table? Can hand over a table with 30,000+ entries and expect DM to still work?
2) Is there any significant performance degredation with large tables?
3) As I understand it, DM stores the mapping tables itself somehow, in a way that is persistant across reboots. I'm not certain about that, but if that's so, wouldn't it also create limits on table sizes? If not, are there any suggested ways to make complex/large tables persistant?

Thanks,

Tom Parker
--
palfrey tevp net - http://tevp.net