[dm-devel] A better solution than "md_component_detection = 1"

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Apr 20 10:36:24 UTC 2005

On mer, 2005-04-20 at 12:13 +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> > Regardless of the implementation, am I the only one to think that
> > dm-0/parent/ should contain "parents of dm-0" ? :)
>
> I thought that was exactly what I was proposing.

I mean the following would be more friendly to me.

/sys/block/sda/parent/dm-0
/sys/block/sdb/parent/dm-0
/sys/block/dm-0/sub/sd[ab]

In your proposed example, "parent" in fact means "parents of" and "sub"
means "sub of" ... which I find misleading.

But may be that's just me :)

Regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>