Re: [dm-devel] multipath affinity to SCSI

On 2005-04-27T13:00:51, "goggin, edward" <egoggin emc com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried multipathing to non-SCSI target devices, e.g., LOOP,
> NBD, USB?  While the architecture looks fully capable of supporting
> such, it looks like both the kernel and user implementation would have
> some problems due to some SCSI affinity.

Well, I can see the user-space not auto-detecting the paths right now
(probably because simply noone has added those features yet ;-), but the
kernel shouldn't have any issues with it. I've played with it over loop
devices for testing.

Which SCSI affinity are you referring to?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb suse de>

--
High Availability & Clustering