[dm-devel] Re: Fw: Disk output lockup 2.6.12_rc2 2.6.11.7

Mikael Andersson mikael at karett.se
Fri Apr 29 11:45:06 UTC 2005

Andrew Morton wrote:

>Mikael, have you made any progress on this?

No, but i haven't but unfortunately i haven't had much time to look at
it either since i've had to finalize a delivery to one of my customers.

>Looks like a device-mapper bug to me.

To my , albeit untrained, eye it does so too, especially considering
that i've been running the same setup (hardware wise) rock solidly on
md-raid1 for several days transferring hundreds of GB int the same
manner. But as soon as i get my paid project done i'll try to setup
another pair of discs and see if i can reproduce it on a PATA dm-mirror
as well as on a SATA dm-mirror. But i've also got some learning to do as
i'm quite unexperienced in kernel matters, so it will probably take some
time.

I've also posted some additional information on dm-devel with the subject:
'Disk io deadlocks during large-file io'