[dm-devel] EMC Clariion ghost devices

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon Aug 1 05:50:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 12:01:54AM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> That should not happen(tm). Where does it hang according to sysrq-t?

	Not in front of it right now, I'll let you know when I find out
:-)

> (kpartx supposedly is run against the dm-multipath table and not against
> sdap, so it should already benefit from the multipath protection...)

	This kpartx is run against dm-16 (on the particular boot I
remember), which was the dm on top of the ghost device.

> "sg_inq -P /dev/sdap" might also be worth a try, what does it report for
> the various paths?

	Again, have to check tomorrow.

> Is that a LUN 0 backed by actual storage or a LUN_Z?

	I don't quite know what you mean by LUN_Z.  My EMC guy says it
is a "ghost" projected because the second SP owns no disks, but SCSI
requires a LUN 0 to be scannable.

Joel

--

"A narcissist is someone better looking than you are."
         - Gore Vidal

Joel Becker
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Oracle