[dm-devel] RE: regarding DM device for a single path.

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sat Aug 6 22:18:16 UTC 2005

On ven, 2005-08-05 at 19:58 +0200, christophe varoqui wrote:

> >      1. I tested your latest user space tools with 2.6.9-11.41 kernel.
> >         Used the default created devices for multipathing. The path
> >         status is getting updated appropriately for HSV200 arrays.
> >          However the failback functionality is not working for me. I
> >         have configure value for “failback” variable
> >         in /etc/multipath.conf as zero for immediate failback, but
> >         when the failed path in the original path group comes back
> >         online, the IO is not failed back the old pathgroup.
> >
> I'll look into that when I return from vacation in 2 weeks.
> I think I'll have the appropriate HW at hand.

Well, preparing my laptop for vacation, I took the time to verify that :

1) /sbin/multipath works with usb keys (modulo a brain-dead
getuid_callout like "/bin/echo myonlykey") :/

2) single path maps effectivelly get created

Leaving for 2 weeks now.
Regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>