[dm-devel] LVM Multipathing

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sun Feb 13 11:53:00 UTC 2005

I was thinking about that part :

---

      3. LVM2 doesn't see my multipathed devices as PV, what's up ?

By default, lvm2 does not consider device-mapper block devices (such as
a dm-crypt device) for use as physical volumes.

In order to use a dm-crypt device as an lvm2 pv, add this line to the
devices block in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

types = [ "device-mapper", 16 ]

If /etc/lvm/lvm.conf does not exist, you can create one based on your
current/default config like so:

lvm dumpconfig > /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

(tip from Christophe Saout)
---

... then again,

"you need to exclude the paths from the scaning"

regards,
cvaroqui