[dm-devel] Detecting Multiple Paths to LU

shahid shaikh shahid.shaikh at patni.com
Thu Feb 17 07:39:48 UTC 2005

Hi Coates,

Thanks for the information.I am close to the solution now.

>>Once you assembled the multipath devices you can then run pvcreate
/dev/mapper/XXXXX  and create your volume groups.

But the only thing i am unable to understand is that how would I assemble
the multipath device?
who will do this for us LVM2 or Device mapper and how?
What are the steps I need to follow? What argument should I provide to
pvcreate as I had already filtered "sd" devices?
How would I create my assembled device "/dev/mapper/XXXXX"?
It would be very helpful if you could tell me what are the steps to create
assembled device "/dev/mapper/XXXXX". How this assembled device is mapped to
the underlying "sd" devices?

Regards
Shahid Shaikh.