[dm-devel] dm-mon fails to load raid1 target

Hi

I can't get dm_mon to load the raid1 target.

The syslog says (timestamps removed):
livecd device-mapper: : unknown target type
livecd
livecd device-mapper: error adding target to table

Seems that there's a completely blank syslog message (reproducible),
and a surplus colon in the first message.  Might be related to the
dmraid tool.  Anyway.

I'm booting with a Gentoo CD [gen2dmraid 0.99 - kernel: 2.6.9, driver
4.1.0, library 1.00.17-ioctl].

The /lib/modules/.../raid1.ko file is present.

I tried modprobe raid1 (fine), this didn't add the mirror target to
"dmsetup targets".
Tried unloading dm-mon, reloading raid1, loading dm-mon, still no mirror target.

Any hints on what is going wrong / what I am doing wrong?