[dm-devel] Problem setting up RAID0 Array on Intel ICH7 fake-RAID.

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:59:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to install Gentoo Linux on a box with a RAID0 Array.
This is a brand new box, with Intel's ICH7 chipset, and accompanying
fake-RAID chip. The RAID array works in Windows, but despite all my
attempts, I cannot get it working in Linux. I am now using a LiveCD
designed specifically to run on boxes with fake-RAID arrays. The various
software versions are:

* Grub 0.96
* device-mapper version 1.00.19
* dmraid version 1.0.0.rc6

This is the most recent version I have been able to find. I am
attempting to compile a binary of dmraid version 1.0.0.rc8, but I am
doubtful about this solving the problem. Any ideas would be welcome. =]

# dmraid --debug --verbose -ay
DEBUG: _find_set: searching isw_bhibhdiifc
DEBUG: _find_set: not found isw_bhibhdiifc
ERROR: isw: volume ARRAY is broken
DEBUG: _find_set: searching isw_bhibhdiifc
DEBUG: _find_set: found isw_bhibhdiifc
ERROR: isw: volume ARRAY is broken
DEBUG : set status of set "isw_bhibhdiifc" to 16
INFO: Activating GROUP RAID set "isw_bhibhdiifc"
DEBUG: freeing devices of RAID set "isw_bhibhdiifc"
DEBUG: freeing device "isw_bhibhdiifc", path "/dev/sda"
DEBUG: freeing device "isw_bhibhdiifc", path "/dev/sda"

Please, any idea as to how to setup this RAID array?

-Chandler Carruth