[dm-devel] [multipathd] kill clone() ?

Ed, Alasdair, et al,

this is your last chance to convince me not to kill clone()/private namespace/ramfs logic in multipathd.
Because :

1) Martin spoted some rough edges with it and pthread cancelations.
2) It was introduced at a time when path reinstate was done by /sbin/multipath, which is not the case anymore.
3) It simplifies the design a fair bit and removes quite a lot of code.

I verified the path reinstate codepath, and it does only 1 dmt allocation ... no callbacks anymore.
So I guess it is safe to kill, be would like to raise the point one last time.

Regards,
cvaroqui