[dm-devel] DM, Multipath, and LSI Disk Arrays

Chris Penney cpenney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:26:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right list so apologies in advance if I'm
in the wrong spot.  The search tool for this list doesn't seem to work
either.

I have an Intel system with dual Qlogic HBAs (2340s) that talk to an
STK D280 disk array (I see the generic multipath.conf lists a D280 as
a device in the config file).  I'm using SLES 9 SP1 w/ multipath-tools
0.3.6-0.3.

They way the system is setup, hba1 talks to the A controller of the
D280 and hba2 talks to the B controller (they are on seperate sans).
The box has four luns, two are active on port A and two are active on
port B.  When I let multipath do it's thing it wants to use port B for
everything and that triggers a fail over of the A luns to port B.

If I do the dmsetup commands by hand I can get what I want, but is
there a way to do this automatically?  The thought of having a self
made hack init script to do this seems highly suspect.

   Chris