[dm-devel] kcopyd_client_create allocation failure on creating snapshots

Igor Yanover igor.yanover at gmail.com
Mon May 23 08:25:46 UTC 2005

    Hi!
    I've got the following error, while trying to create many
snapshots ( > 32 ) :
"device-mapper: : Could not create kcopyd client". After some digging,
I found out that the reason is resize_pool() in dm-io.c trying to do
mempool_resize that is probably too large. I've seen that the issue
has been raised in this list before at:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2005-April/msg00080.html,
with the same conclusions, but there was no discussion and as far I
can seen, the code has not changed since. I understand that the
correct fix would be to use per-kclient pools.
Is anyone planning to work/already working on this?

     Thanks,
          Igor