[dm-devel] Automatic failback with multipath

goggin, edward egoggin at emc.com
Fri Nov 11 17:30:19 UTC 2005

This issue was somehow erroneously associated with ONLY
EMC CLARiiON arrays but is by no means restricted to them.

The same problem will happen with dm multipath and any
storage array which has multiple path groups of differing
priorities configured for a block device.

I believe the problem has existed for quite some time and
does span the 0.4.4 and 0.4.5 releases of multipath-tools.

The previously mentioned work around will work for all
storage array types.