[dm-devel] Re: DM configuration

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Oct 10 12:23:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 05:19:45PM +0530, Murthy, Narasimha Doraswamy (STSD) wrote:
> Christophe,
> The one mentioned below will be success for the regular expressions that
> matches anywhere in the string. Can we modify strcmp_chomp(...) in
> <multipath-src>/libmultipath/utils.c  as below:
>
> # diff util.c util.c.mod
> 29c29
> <       return(strcmp(s1,s2));
> ---
> >       return(strncmp(s1,s2,strlen(s1)));
>
> so that both the partial string and the complete string can be compared.

Hello,

I fear I don't understand your mail : Isn't the regexp solution enought ? Is
it overkill ? Why modify strcmp_chomp(), as it no longer is in the find_hwe()
code path ?

With the patch I posted you can specify vendor/product ids like this :

       device {
                vendor                  IET
                product                 V.RTUAL.*K
       }