Re: [dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] block layer (request based) multipath v1

Christophe Varoqui wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 01:20:44AM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:

Version 1 and maybe the only version :)

I think the only items I have left to convert are some of the dm ioctls, but that is trivial and the defaults are ok for usage. For example I have not implemted a sysfs attr to read/write queue_if_no_path and a timeout attr so we do not have to wait forever on it.

Comments???? Should I work with Christophe to convert the userspace tools?

Nice,

can libdevmapper event listening mecanisms be replaced by the uevents listener ?
IOW, will all necessary attribute changes be reported as uevents ?

It looks like I am going to redo the patches and make it so dm call request_fns. So we are basicall going to fix up dm-multipath instead of making yet another multipath driver :)

Events needed are :
- multipath topology changes :
  - path add/remove (well, this one is guarantied through /block I guess)
  - attributes changes
  - path state changes / path reinstates
  - path group switches
- multipath add/remove (Deduce from /block uevents ?)

I was just wondering where is all this netlink stuff? I have not seen a dm-netlink interface patch. Are you just keying of events from the kobject stuff?