[dm-devel] Proposed change to scsi_id parameter string in libmultipath/hwtab le.c for EMC Symmetrix

Patrick Mansfield reminded me that if the libmultipath/hwtable.c
patch I submitted earlier is accepted, then multipath will have
a dependency (for EMC Symmetrix support only) on a version of
scsi_id which supports the "-ppre-spc3-83" scsi_id option.

This shouldn't be a problem for either Red Hat or SuSE
distributions going forward from now since scsi_id for
Red Hat 4 Update 2 already has the "-ppre-spc3-83" page
code support and SuSE SLES 9 SP 3 will when it is released.

This could be an issue for other distros though or if someone
attempts to run this patched version of multipath on an older
Red Hat 4 (Update 1) or SuSE SLES 9 (SP 2) version.