[dm-devel] creating partition mappings with different delimiters

Where/how does kpartx determine the default delimiter when creating the
partition mappings and nodes?

With Red Hat EL 4 Update 3 during bootup the partition mappings are
getting created in rc.sysinit.  However I find that some of the mappings
have no delimiter while some have 'p' as the delimiter.  I prefer 'p' as
the delimiter.

I have been unsuccessful at finding where kpartx (or is it dmsetup) is
determining what delimiter to use.

Eddie