Re: [dm-devel] HSG80, DM, multipath issues

  a. (the big one!) Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a workaround, or something that would
     help me get this up & running
You mostly got it right.

HP indeed is not interested in providing a firmware with LUN size inquiry enabled for this array. So we are bound to ugly workarounds.

The one I used is "force a bounce per LUN just after driver loading", which this snippet does :

# cat read_ghost_capa
dummy_capa=2097152

for i in $(grep -rl $dummy_capa /sys/block/sd*/size|awk -F/ '{print $4}')
do
       sg_start -s 1 /dev/$i
       sleep 1
       echo 1>/sys/block/$i/device/rescan
done

The multipath tools are rightly refusing to deal with paths with unknown size. This won't change.

That problem solved, you'll hit the next wall, which is the hardware handler need for this array family.

Regards,
cvaroqui