Re: [dm-devel] Device Mapper as a cache for SAN?

On 10 Apr 2006, at 12:46, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:

 The various cluster file systems

may provide something more akin to this, but again, this doesn't

really cover SAN technologies -- not in any sort of a generic way.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

I think everyone asking is missing something.

kernels cache, applications that use raw disk cache, SAN devices cache, I fail to see what you really are proposing and therefore I fail to see what value you are proposing?

Caching a SAN to local disk? usually my SANs are quite a bit faster than local disk, caching to memory? what does that buy you that the kernel/application caching gets you?

Artur