Re: [dm-devel] multipath disk size

Christophe Varoqui wrote:

Thanks for this report.

I can't reproduce this here.

I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to try and refine your report though.
Use a debugger to track [m]pp->size changes, or try adding debugging output in the key code areas : add_map_with_path(), coalesce_paths(), ...

Regards,
cvaroqui

Hello Christophe,

I'm not a C Guru but i think i have been able to track it down.
It seems that when discovering the device for paths after the get_serial (discovery.c) function the size has changed. I've entered two debug entries in scsi_ioctl_pathinfo() which prints out pp->size, one before get_serial call and one after and the size has changed when the second print its value. So far I've seen, this function should not change anything to the size, but it seems to write to that pointer, could it be that this function writes out of a buffer size? I'm not comfortable with the debugger so I have not been able to debug that in deep. It would be great if you could give me some more instructions on how to analyze/debug it .

Regards,
Arsène