[dm-devel] Multipath selector policy additions

Brad Johnson bradjohn263 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 22:10:19 UTC 2006

I am a software developer that is new to this list. I understand that currently round-robin is the only implemented path selector type. I am scoping (for a major storage vendor) the effort required to implement additional selector types, as well as other work required to function properly with their hardware (possibly special device-specific hardware handlers, config file changes, etc.). I assume there is a procedure in place to allow developers to submit changes such as these to the public domain, and hope that eventually they may be included in some future distributions.

My questions are:

What is the procedure for submitting kernel patches for the device mapper?
Who (or what organization) owns responsibility for the device mapper kernel modules?
Who owns responsibility for the user-space multipath pieces?
Is anyone else currently developing additional path selector types?

I am sorry if my newbie questions are naive, but any help to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brad Johnson