Re: [dm-devel] device-mapper: device /dev/hdc too small for target

Jonathan E Brassow wrote:
md and dm are two different things.  LVM uses dm, not md.

I can't really say I see what is wrong, but your binaries seem to be pretty old...

"device-mapper: 4.1.0-ioctl (2003-12-10) initialised: dm uk sistina com"
My apologies for the late response.
The problem seems to be fixed when using the latest (at the moment) vanilla kernel sources, 2.6.15-4.
Thank you Jonathan for pointing me into the good direction!

I hope this information is of any use to other lvm users with strange problems.

Greetings,
Thomas.