[dm-devel] IBM DS4300

Holger Smolinski smolinski at de.ibm.com
Thu Jun 1 08:15:01 UTC 2006

Gil,

DS4300 has two modes:

AVT, which means only one path can be used at any point in time. Using an
alternate path will cause Automated Volume Transfer and add significant
latency.
RDAC, which means only one path can be used at any point in time. Using an
alternate path will cause an I/O error unless the volume has been migrated
manually or by a hardware_handler.

Best Regards
        Holger Smolinski
--
Dr. Holger Smolinski, Linux Technology Center, Linux on zSeries
Author of the '-t2'-Option

             "Gil"
             <gils at fe.up.pt>
             dm-devel-bounces@         <dm-devel at redhat.com>
             redhat.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             29.05.2006 19:42          [dm-devel] IBM DS4300

             Please respond to
               device-mapper
                development
             <dm-devel at redhat.
                   com>

Hi list,

I have the following SAN hardware, and would be very grateful for any help:

SAN:
IBM DS4300 Storage Server with Turbo Option

HBA:
Fast Host Bus Adapter FC-2

Switch:
2 IBM TotalStorage SAN Switch H08 (8-portas)

Does multipath-tools support this hardware? How should I configure it?

I have tried to use multipath with it, using default configuration, but I
am having performance problems. What I would like to figure out is if
multipath-tools has anything to do with it.

Best regards,
    Gil--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel at redhat.com